[Freemint-list] Gemma

Thorsten Otto admin at tho-otto.de
Sat Sep 30 03:16:12 MSD 2017

On Freitag, 29. September 2017 22:10:51 CEST Miro Kropáček wrote:
> "myslb.slb", "myslb020.slb" and "myslbcf.slb" and let the app decide which
> one to load but this sounds pretty dumb.

That unfortunately does not work, unless you also compile that name into the
slb. Slbopen() checks that the name of  the file matches the slbname that is
mentioned in the header. And you quickly run out of names, given that in most
cases this will be loaded from the boot partition, which is usually FAT.

>This would be a nice candidate for the slb 'framework

Which framework? did i miss something? ;)

>to extend it from SLBDIR to $SLBPATH/m68020-60 and $SLBPATH/m5475

Thats what i also thought, use the same subdirectory names. Only problem:
"m68020-60" is just one char to long for FAT.

>Based on what? Kernel CPU flags? App CPU flags?

Based on kernel cpu flags should be safe: if cf, try m5475, if CPU >= 20 &&
FPU, try m68020-60, and if not found try base dir. In the rare case of FPU-
less falcons, that would use the 000 version when the slb does not use fpu
code and the 020 version could be used, but for this to fix we would need a way
to tell the kernel somehow wether fpu code is used or not. No idea how to
achieve that, and where to put that info, and i think we can live with that.