[Freemint-list] Gemma

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 00:10:51 MSD 2017

> I just noticed that the "make install" target in the gemma directory
> installs
> the libraries to ${PREFIX}/lib, but the shared libs to
> ${PREFIX}/local/lib/slb. Is there any reason for doing that?

I don't think so. In my opinion this should be set to /c/mint/slb as this
is what mint.cnf uses.

Also the Makefiles don't use DESTDIR or something. Do you just change PREFIX
> for installing them to some temp directory, for packaging?

Yes, at least that's what I do.

> And last but not least: thanks to gcc's multilib facility, all cpu specific
> libraries can be installed to some subdir of .../lib. But what about the
> shared library, which one should be installed?

This is actually a very good point! I'm not aware of any standard
whatsoever. I can imagine placing everything into aforementioned
/c/mint/slb and use "myslb.slb", "myslb020.slb" and "myslbcf.slb" and let
the app decide which one to load but this sounds pretty dumb.

This would be a nice candidate for the slb 'framework', to extend it from
SLBDIR to $SLBPATH/m68020-60 and $SLBPATH/m5475. It wont break
compatibility with MagiC (anyone is free to use just $SLBPATH if one knows
what he is doing) and make things nice for FreeMiNT.

> BTW would be nice if that could be handled by MiNT when searching for the
> SLB.

Exactly! :) However now I think about this, the rules would be quite
interesting. Based on what? Kernel CPU flags? App CPU flags?

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org