[Freemint-list] Gemma

Thorsten Otto admin at tho-otto.de
Fri Sep 29 06:09:23 MSD 2017

Small update:

I was wrong in two respects: MiNT does not care about that "nargs" argument. The
"exec" function only checks the function number, then replaces the SLB handle by
the BASEPAGE of the slb and jumps to the function. This works since the signature
of those function is the same, except for the type of the first arument. That also
explains why calling the functions actually works without -mshort, since the slb
itself is also compiled without. But i would bet that this attempt does not work on
MagiC anymore (cannot proove that currently).

The second thing is, that apparently the comment in mint about not supporting
indeed called from a function that is part of a slb. Maybe i misunderstood that
comment, and you can't do that from the init() or open() function, but it works when
doing it from a function that is supplied by the slb.

With a few changes (changing the include from gemma/gemma to slb/gemma in a
few sources mainly), i was now able to compile gemmkfatfs:

What i also noticed in the meantime is that
a) the static library libgemma.a has replacements for most, but not all of the gemlib
functions. That might cause imho problems when you mix these. It currently also
only works with the mt_gem.h header, because the non-mt functions are
redeclared incompatible in slb/gemma.h.

b) the library is currently only compiled for normal & 020. That can simply be
changed to also include coldfire versions.

c) the slb itself is compiled for 020 only. Maybe that is the reason why it did not
work for Vincent?

Atleast, with a few changes, we should be able to activate that target again. Maybe
we can make someone happy with a GUI interface for mkfatfs ;)