[Freemint-list] m68k-atari-mint-gcc 7.1 status

Thorsten Otto admin at tho-otto.de
Thu Aug 24 05:10:44 MSD 2017

On Mittwoch, 23. August 2017 23:20:02 CEST Miro Kropáček wrote:
> perhaps
> more explicitly, related to a.aout removal from gcc?

Its not (yet) completely removed, otherwise it would be hard to create our
target.

>Thorsten seems to be busy with other things

I already tried to look at it, but without luck. Given that the elf targets
work and only our configuration fails, and that such optimization don't have to
do much with the output format, my current guess it that there some new
defaults that are wrong for m68k/a.out, and that our target specific files fail
to set to the correct values. I just don't have a clue what that might be
currently.

If someone else wants to take a look, it should be noted that the wrong code
is only generated with -O3, but not with -O2 or lower optimizations.