[Freemint-list] math.h, math-68881.h, gmp/ in mintlib

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 07:24:49 MSD 2017

Hi,

I meant to ask this for a long time but somehow have always forgotten.
What's the point of having those fragments from (ancient) pml and libgmp in
mintlib? I presume it's because of the few math conversion/print functions
in stdio/ and stdlib/ but do we really need all of that crap?

Most visible it is on the header itself -- it contains math.h and
math-68881.h, which are nearly identical to Vincent's PML "distribution"
but when you look closely, they differ in some key points like the inlining
(Vincent's PML favours -ffast-math and disables math-68881.h completely as
this is the direction gcc people follow). And while they are not installed
it creates great confusion.

Would everyone agree that this should be removed and libm (either fdlibm
and pml) merged into mintlib?

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org