[Freemint-list] XaAES Russian fonts

Dima Sobolev avtandil33 at gmail.com
Wed May 10 01:17:18 MSD 2017

Dear Jo,

Tuesday, May 9, 2017, 11:56:26 PM, you wrote:

> On ti., 2017-05-09 at 20:36 +0200, Thorsten Otto wrote:

>> I think it was the right thing. That value is not only used directly, but also
>> stored in NVRAM. Having the both interpret it differently would be bad. And it

> But it was *not* interpreted differently. EmuTOS language codes was
> first changed to match the ones used in MiNT. Then someone complained
> about some incompatibility with Steem.

> Steem should have been corrected, not MiNT. We are going in the wrong
> direction when emulator features or limitations (bugs) are causing
> problems on real hardware...

It was not only the STeem issue.
While  creating 2010 version of Russian TOS, we also found that with changed
'nationality  byte'  some  demos  were  not playing and also were some
other issues, while with '19' all worked OK.

That  was main reason that I tried to keep '19' for Russia everywhere,
it started from real Atari TOS.

And  it  was  more  reasonable to keep this settings, then follow some
strange assignment (which content for ex. Saudi Arabia country code -
this country never had activity in Atari-world).

> Jo Even

Best regards,
 Dima                            mailto:avtandil33 at gmail.com