[Freemint-list] (no subject)

p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk
Sat Apr 15 16:54:26 MSD 2017

Cc: <freemint-list at atariforge.org>
From: Peter Slegg <p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Freemint-list] FreeMiNT continuous integration
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 12:45:48 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 09:48:41 , Miro Krop=E1?ek wrote:

> > Don't we have to copy MINT-xxx.prg to the Auto folder or does mintloader
> > replace it ?
> >
> Both yes and yes. :) MINT-xxx.prg is the mintloader. Why not the kernel
> itself? Well because then you couldn't download just one archive (now it's
> the mintloader which chooses the right kernel for you).
>

> > If we copy a MINT-xxx.prg to AUTO it will have to have the same name as
> > the existing one otherwise the boot order will change.
> >
> I don't understand. "xxx" is unique with each build, how it could have the
> same name?

My mint prg is always called MINTML19.PRG when I copy it into AUTO
it overwrites the one there and it preserves the boot order. This is
a fortunate side-effect that make life easier.

If it has a different name then the boot order is not preserved.

> Also, don't forget you're supposed to have mint*.prg as the last
> prg in your AUTO, copying new builds to AUTO don't break this rule.

That doesn't work on my Milan, some of the AUTO prgs have to come
after Mint.

Peter