[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT continuous integration

Peter Slegg p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk
Sun Apr 16 17:16:45 MSD 2017

On Sun, 16 Apr 2017 11:52:36 , Miro Kropá?ek wrote:
> On 16 April 2017 at 01:43, Peter Slegg <p.slegg at scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Why not use a single mint loader for all versions but configure it from
> > the mint boot menu to choose which version is loaded ?
> >

> First I thought you mean a single loader for all CPUs but I guess you mean
> for all *builds* in c:\mint. And yes, it's a neat idea, not even very
> complicated.

It would behave a bit like the grub loader, either scanning c:\mint
for suitable mint folders or just being configured with specific
folders.

> One could only argue that than the loader is basically trying to do XBoot's
> work.

You could argue that it means the Mint config is then
controlled by Mint and not the TOS based xboot arrangement.

> Plus you'd need another configuration file (remember MINT.INI is
> SYSDIR-based) which would remember the last selected option (to make it
> user friendly).

Could mint.ini be moved to AUTO so it is with mintldr ?

Peter