[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT for 21st century

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 04:49:33 MSK 2017

On 20 January 2017 at 10:36, Mark Duckworth <mduckworth at atari-source.org>
wrote:

> problem of git repos and sources which I think
> travis ci is the answer to.

Actually you could 'upgrade' your idea to Travis -- it allows you to do
really crazy things. For instance you could setup a lightweight Aranym
image, upload it to Travis and via ssh build anything you like, be it
packages, 'make test` targets, a-ny-thing. Not a single line of
ASP/PHP/whatever needed.

When it comes to sparemint, RPMs, bringing it up to date, I'd abandon this
all together. I have an idea in my mind which solves 90% of all our
problems (keep stuff up to date, patched, "Atari friendly", user friendly,
gem friendly etc). I don't want to make any promises (I may get lazy and
give up ;)) but when the time comes, I'll speak up. Most importantly, it
doesn't require any crazy programming and setup, just a forking certain not
so well known repo and include Atari patches. Stay tuned. :)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org