[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT for 21st century

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:51:10 MSK 2017

Thank you. As I wrote to Alan in other mail, I do it mainly for myself. :)

I've hated CVS, hated the SpareMiNT website, hated the fact it's so
freaking closed, amateur, inflexible, old, deprecated, hidden, buggy and
the most I hated the fact I can't change that because I lack skills and
time.

My idea is to have FreeMiNT at least open to anyone curious enough to take
a look. For instance, I catch myself from time to time stalking other
github repositories for "atari", "amiga", "m68k" etc (you can look at my
github starred repos ;-)) so my hope is that sometime, somehow, we might
attract someone new. Or someone willing to update documentation. Prepare
release easily. Put a new logo on the website. Upload an interesting
project from his private archive. That kind of stuff which is super easy
with github and super complicated with the current (lack of) solution.

I plan to work on wiki a little and then I'll announce the news (incl. the
existence of this ML) to all previous MiNT ML subscribers, I've managed to
harvest all 1011 email addresses (but real user count is lower, everyone
seems to have 2-3 email addresses in average).

On 19 January 2017 at 21:34, mfro at mubf.de <mfro at mubf.de> wrote:

> Second that.
>
> Great initiative and perfect transformation!
>
> Thank you very much, Miro!
>
> > Gesendet: Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2017 um 10:46 Uhr
> > Von: "Vincent Rivière" <vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr>
> > An: freemint-list at mail.atariforge.org
> > Betreff: Re: [Freemint-list] FreeMiNT for 21st century
> >
> > On 19/01/2017 06:51, Miro Kropáček wrote:
> > > In the end, the result is not too bad:
> > > https://github.com/freemint/freemint/wiki, even history is preserved
> (I
> > > mean the original one, from sparemint).
> >
> > Hey, great work :-)
> > This really incites to improve the documentation in the wiki.

MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org