[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT for 21st century

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 01:19:21 MSK 2017

On 18 January 2017 at 01:06, Mark Duckworth <mduckworth at atari-source.org>
wrote:

> I use a local install of gitlab for private stuff (just worried about
> the actual security of a private github instance)  I love it.  There is
> basically no maintenance beyond the initial setup and it just works.

Call me overcautious (or lazy :-)) but this still poses a threat when your
server's disk dies, your IP has some trouble etc. The chance that github
goes down, with its hundreds of thousands repositories and paid clients is
much smaller.

Not to mention that I have strong feeling that we would have trouble
finding even a volunteer what that "initial setup" (FireBee guys fight with
*exactly* same kind of troubles now).

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org