[Freemint-list] Generic power-off functionality

Jo Even Skarstein joska at online.no
Mon Jan 16 23:19:57 MSK 2017

On fr., 2017-01-13 at 11:58 +0100, Adam Klobukowski wrote:
>         That would of course be nice, but then you would have to
>         reimplement
>         support for all the various poweroff methods that FireTOS and
>         EmuTOS
>         already supports and could make available to MiNT through a
>         simple
>         pointer.

> I have not problem with reimplementing that.

I think you miss the point with my suggestion. You don't want to
implement support for all the odd hardware out there (like the
microcontroller that controls the PSU, monitorswitch and keyboard in my
Falcon).

EmuTOS could easily export this functionality via a cookie. Or I could
write a very simple TSR that does the same for my odd, homecooked
hardware. EmuTOS could also jump through this cookie, thus using any
user-provided "power off driver". And I could write a shutdown-acc for
TOS/MagiC that use it.

A kernel module is limited to MiNT only.

Jo Even