[Freemint-list] gcc 6.2 for Ataris brown edition

Thorsten Otto admin at tho-otto.de
Fri Dec 30 19:29:42 MSK 2016

On Friday 30 December 2016 13:23:57 Miro Kropáček wrote:
> Actually, there's more troubles then it seems on the first sight. For
> instance, md5sum seems innocent and yet it produces different sums in TOS
> and MiNT (with MiNT being the correct one, obviously)

I don't have problems with this, both give the same results.

>unzip floods the screen with many fchmod() errors and so on.

That might depend on where the zip file was created. Obviously you can't
restore all unix style file attributes on a fat filesystem.

> I wouldn't even bother running MiNT tools on TOS

That is a rather strange argument. Following this, you could also remove
support for TOS in mintlib completely, and just abort if mint is not running.

> if you feel up to the task, you can always convert it to "100% atari".

Thats the point. If configured correctly, i expect working executables after
make; make install. Im not going to inspect thousands of packages which
executables they install, and writing thousands of script to fix those.