[Freemint-list] gcc 6.2 for Ataris brown edition

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 15:23:57 MSK 2016

On 30 December 2016 at 21:32, Thorsten Otto <admin at tho-otto.de> wrote:

> As long as they don't need to spawn processes (like bash or make), most of
> them work on TOS, too. I'm actually using a lot of them from Gemini
> running on
> SingleTOS.

Actually, there's more troubles then it seems on the first sight. For
instance, *md5sum* seems innocent and yet it produces different sums in TOS
and MiNT (with MiNT being the correct one, obviously). *unzip* floods the
screen with many fchmod() errors and so on.

Maybe it's mintlib's fault and it can be/should be fixed but from pure user
point of view, I wouldn't even bother running MiNT tools on TOS. And as
said, if you feel up to the task, you can always convert it to "100% atari".

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org