[Freemint-list] Did I break nfs.xfs?

Jason Fergus leech at thefnords.org
Sun Dec 25 02:46:20 MSK 2016

On Sat, 2016-12-24 at 14:56 -0700, Jason Fergus wrote:
> At some point recently, I managed to break my nfs mount on my Falcon.
>
> Tera Desktop gives me "Access denied.  Item is protected or it already exists"  When I looked this
> up the forums, they'd said it was probably due to a newer version of nfs.xfs.  I must have copied
> over an 030 optimized one at some point.
>
> Specifically this one;
>
> 202897 Oct 26 18:17 ./mint102716/driver/xfs/030/nfs.xfs
>
> I've copied over the one that was originally put in place by easymint's install, but that gives me
> the same error (and is oddly only 40082 bytes, vs the one I had on there that is 5 times the
> size).
> It gives me the same error though.
>
> I've tested this with mounting from a FreeNAS nfs share along with my original mount that was
> working (Debian Sid).
>
> Pretty sure that newer driver was working after I put it into place, and I'm mostly convinced
> myself
> it was an update to Debian that broke it (hence why I tested it on FreeNAS as well, granted most
> likely they both are newer NFS).
>
> Any ideas?  I'm running Mint 1.19-Alpha, build date is the same as the nfs.xfs driver I was using
> (10/27/16).

Bit more info.
I turned up debug  on MiNT and see this;
rpc_req: socket has something
rpc_rec: got a matching reply
rpc_request -> prog mismatch
nfs_getxattr(Atari): couldn't contact server, ->EACCESS

Even pulled up wireshark on my system where it's trying to mount from, and I see the attempted
connection, but don't readily see why it's failing to work.