[Freemint-list] [MiNT] fVDI in FreeMiNT CVS?

Helmut Karlowski helmut.karlowski at ish.de
Thu Oct 27 00:33:00 MSD 2016

Am 26.10.2016, 21:35 Uhr, schrieb Thorsten Otto:

> that i can't see a single advantage of using CVS. There is not a single
> feature that is not covered by newer systems like git or mercurial.

I'd never make such a statement, because I certainly don't know all the
features of either, or how people customize their environment.

There are so little commits currently, I don't see a need for such a
change. With 30+developers that might be different. Of course when these
30 developers start working as soon as MiNT is on git, let's go :)

> Moreover, in this case its not a matter wether you prefer one system or
> the
> other. Its more a matter of availability of servers, and what they offer.

That's true, but the MiNT-CVS-server is as (un-)reliable as any other to
my experience.

-Helmut