Re: [MiNT] Helmut branch.... merge ??

On 10/01/15 18:04, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> Yes, but I'm afraid it will be hard to find the missing peace. If
>>> there would be reports I think I would know better where to look.
>>
>> I'm not sure I follow. It's trivial once you have a patch.
>
> What patch? The diff between mine and trunk-kernel is likely >100k.
> Where should I start?

You can tag your branch, then do a merge from the trunk. Then you can
generate a patch
which just has your changes.

You can test your branch with the pulled in latest trunk code. If
anything breaks you can diff
from the previous tag to your new merged code which will show the
changes pulled in
from the trunk and your current changes. You can generate a diff of just
your changes and
revert those to see what's changed from the previous tag and your branch
then to see
what got pulled in, in the merge.

Alan.