Re: [MiNT] Appl_search cannot return APP_SHELL

Hi,

> Just curious - what is this code for? The variable names suggests that y
> you're looking for the parent of some process, is that correct? If so,
> appl_search is probably not the way to go.

I am just reusing the variables names during testing. the real parentid is coming from Pgetppid.
I will then us it to see if the program is started from the desktop or by some other process.

> I can't see anything wrong with this code, although I think it would be

> neater to do it like this:

Actually the printf are not there... it's just for debugging purpose. GDB seems to drill down to lib/code even without symbols & gives alerts on each steps. The doc say it should not step into codes without symbol. So I am using printf statements for debugging.

> more = appl_search(APP_FIRST....
> while (more)
> {
>     print("Put debug stuff here\n");
>     more = appl_search(APP_NEXT...
> }

yes, it is neater. Thanks. :-)

> Take a look in the XaAES Task Manager. Is the Teradesk line displayed in
> brown/maroon? The shell is brown/maroon, accs are blue and applications
> are red.

Teradesk is brown/maroon in colour, so it is started with the SHELL command.

I cannot figure out why it is coming out wrongly.
I may have to rebuild the system again :-(

Some months back I found my Libm was giving bad Coldfire build while 68020-60 build was giving correct results. Yeah, they are different lib files so it may have corrupted CF versions.

Thanks.