Re: [MiNT] rpm

On ti., 2014-12-23 at 14:27 +0000, Peter Slegg wrote:

> I was only suggesting a way of linking libs *without* sharing them so that
> VM is not needed.

This has been available for 15 years or so with SLB. And also with LDG
for atleast 10 years. You can also share these libs. But almost nobody
is using this.

Dynamic linking works better on platforms with huge developer resources.
On tiny platforms like MiNT there's so few developers that dependencies
will be a big problem.

> The approach is only intended to adress the problem of updated libs
> that then require lots of other libs/apps to be updated. This is the
> obstacle for most people.

Quite often an updated lib also requires an updated application.

Jo Even