[MiNT] Safe stack overflow

Hi,

I hope this is not too off-topic for this list. I've found this article: http://embeddedgurus.com/state-space/2014/02/are-we-shooting-ourselves-in-the-foot-with-stack-overflow/ today, it describes an interesting idea how to detect (not cure) stack overflows in embedded software.

Can you think of some obstacle why this shouldn't work in FreeMiNT? I mean, sure, we don't have the stack section and whatnot but simple relocation and little tweaking to Mshrink() would do the job.

Of course, since we don't have a VM, the stack pointer wouldn't fall into low addresses but it would definitely fall outside the process' TPA and emitted a memory violation.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org