Re: [MiNT] Problem with tar + u:/ram

On 11/24/13 23:02, Miro Kropáček wrote:

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk <mailto:alanh@fairlite.co.uk>> wrote:

    Now I'm confused, because you said all that you did was replace
    the symlink from a real directory to u:/ram, so I'd thought you
    were using the same tar version between these two tests ?

Yes, I'm a terrible tester. I used the old tar for the directory test and the new one for the ramdisk test.

Mmm, So can I say I don't buy your answers, because you don't tell the truth when reporting ? :-/

    I've attached the two patches I can see from an older tar.

Thanks! Now I see the situation is even funnier. The patches are actually unrelated to our MiNT problem, both of them are applied in 1.14 which is... broken (but in a different way, complaining about offests or what). Then 1.15 seems to be working OK (warnings about ownership but -- works). So the latest 1.2x contains a regression and/or feature which harms our poor FreeMiNT filesystem.

Just use 'h' as I said, as it's a true story, whether you buy it or not :-)

Alan.