Re: [MiNT] Problem with tar + u:/ram

On 24/11/2013 10:28, Miro Kropáček wrote:
That's a sane explanation but then tell me why this works if I do exactly
the same but /usr pointing to a real directory instead of /ram.

I always have this problem, with /usr symlinked to /d/usr. Untarring an archive at the root removes the root symlinks. I already reported that here, and Alan made the same answer, which is perfectly sensible.

However, that standard behavior is very annoying on MiNT, because the root directories are always symlinks which should never be removed.

I propose to patch tar to avoid removing the symlinks if they are located at the root. That way, it will do what the user expects, without having to add the unusual -h option.

--
Vincent Rivière