Re: [MiNT] Native GCC built

On 21/11/2013 23:32, Miro Kropáček wrote:
At my website (usual download location; you might want to reload the frame)
you can find all three compilers (m68000, m68020-60, 5475), that is
gcc+binutils, ready for packaging into any distribution.

I have quickly tried your m5475 binutils and gcc, and I can confirm they work flawlessly on EmuTOS/FreeMiNT on the FireBee!
That's really amazing work 8-) 8-) 8-)

This means that we have a fully optimized GCC running natively on ColdFire. That's a huge step forward (for people who like to compile things natively).

As you have not provided the mintlib and pml packages for 5475 (right libraries in right directories, etc), I have not been able to fully link a C executable, but the as, gcc and ld tools works as expected on small test files.

This combines very well with my current task: I'm currently upgrading and (cross-)rebuilding my "popular free software" for all the supported targets, including ColdFire. That's almost finished:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/mint/

This means that we already have a bunch of 100% ColdFire optimized packages, and the ability to easily build other ones :-D

--
Vincent Rivière