Re: [MiNT] Native GCC built

You mean that:

- If no option is specified, the output is produced for the current CPU (build machine).

- If some Makefile wants to produce 68000 executables (whatever the build machine is), then -m68000 has to be explicitly added on the gcc command line (usually in CFLAGS).

As a result:

- All the Makefiles used to produce explicit 68000 binaries must be modified by adding -m68000 in CFLAGS, otherwise the output will be for the build machine.
Yes.

I think this is a sane decision.
If you explicitly want 68000 binaries, then add -m68000 on the command line.
gcc itself makes trouble here, too. What happens if your cross compiler is producing 68020-60 code by default and you want to compile new gcc+multilib? Compiler components (libiberty etc) are 68020-60 optimized as well as the gcc binary is, great. However, libgcc, libstdc++ and all the other parts which are built for every multilib target are wrong for 68000 because guess what, there's no -m68000 attached to command line!

If you could help me with this, that would be appreciated, I'll try to take a look into your patch but we all know you're the right man here ;-)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org