Re: [MiNT] Native GCC built

On 20/11/2013 18:03, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
I'm afraid I don't understand this. But if multilibs works for
cross-compilers, why not build a cross-compiler (68k) for MiNT?

Good remark :-)

Finally, the problem is not "native compiler" or "cross compiler", the compilers themselves do not know if they are native or cross.

The problem is that internal gcc libraries (namely libgcc and libstdc++-v3) think they are natively compiled when built with multilib options, while they should think they are cross-compiled.

This is why I think that the solution I proposed to Alan in my previous mail (force cross_compiling=yes when building multilib libraries) should do the trick. This applies to the gcc internal libraries, but also for third party libraries using autoconf scripts.

--
Vincent Rivière