Re: [MiNT] Folder at the RAM disk?

On Saturday 23 November 2013 10:44:15 Mathias Wittau wrote:

> Is there a possibility to let MiNT automatically create a folder at the
> dynamic RAM disk after every reboot? I am asking because of the folder
> "tmp" or "the" (?) TMPDIR, that is needed by zView for displaying fonts
> inside PDF files at all. And having this folder at the RAM disk is a huge
> improvement, but has the drawback that I need to manually create it at
> every reboot, ...

Hi Mathias. Adapting the MINT.CNF file should be enough. There should be a
line like:
setenv TMPDIR u:/tmp

Change it to:
setenv TMPDIR u:/ram

and reboot. I won't hurt to also add or modify the TEMP line in the same way:
setenv TEMP u:/ram

(Don't quote me on this but I think TMPDIR is the traditional Unix environment
variable while TEMP is non-Unix (though it may be the other way around).)

However, on my FireBee the u:/ram pseudo drive is always at 0 bites so I guess
it doesn't help speeding up anything. I wonder what's going on there.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire