Re: [MiNT] Strange getcwd() return value

On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 00:53 +0200, Ole wrote:

>  NetSurf logs the RSC it has "calculated"... I'm using XAAES 0.999
>  Release and TeraDesk 4.03.
>
>  For me it is: /f/netsurf/res/netsurf.rsc

If NetSurf's current drive is u:\ - which it normally is when you start
if from a shell - then the path above is correct. If NetSurf's current
drive is e.g. D:\ - which it will be when you start it from most
desktops in the intuitive manner - the above path will be incorrect.

However, the question is why you have to calculate/generate a complete
path when loading the RSC? rsrc_load("<subdir>\\netsurf.rsc") would in
most circumstances be the conventional way to load the rsc, and also the
easiest one.

>  And of course / stands for what you see when doing "ls /" ;)

ls is linked with MiNTlib, and MiNTlib translates a preceding "/" to "U:
\". But GEMDOS doesn't. I'm really not a fan of MiNTlib and don't use it
for my own projects, but if I understand it correctly you must never
combine MiNTlib-paths with direct GEMDOS calls because of this
translation.

Jo Even