Re: [MiNT] wide-char and g++

On 04/19/13 12:30, Jeffrey Armstrong wrote:
On Thu, 18 Apr 2013, Alan Hourihane wrote:

As a simple solution something like

# if __GNUC__ <= 2
# define __restricted
# endif

Yes, I'd prefer that.

Jeff - is that something you can fix ?

I don't have 2.95 currently installed so can't check.

That's no problem, _but_ are you asking whether the handful of instances that you added to wchar.h should retain the __restrict qualifier? I'm only asking because a very large number of musl functions originally used the __restrict qualifier. Again, I removed them to maintain GCC 2.95 compatibility. We'd then have maybe 5 functions with __restrict even though most of them actually had them originally.

All I'm suggesting is that the library should have __restrict everywhere it's possible or not at all. It seems silly to retain it on a handful of functions. I would personally prefer to see it added, at the very least, back to everything I had originally imported.

I've added them back to the multibyte/ directory and the include/wchar.h,wctype.h files, and the ones in mintlib/. It's probably worthwhile you check against what's there now as I've brought in the latest musl fixes to multibyte/ as well.

I'd rather add additional "fixit" code to support 2.95 rather than see major changes just to support 2.95. Things like #if __GNUC__ <= 2 work well for these types of things, as it makes it obvious what's happening and also makes it easy to merge later musl code.

Alan.