Re: [MiNT] Regression in ethernat.xif

2013/2/14 Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de>:
> David Gálvez, 14.02.2013 12:02:13:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> because of the change below the driver ethernat.xif isn't able to open
>> the file ethernat.inf anymore.
>> Which was the reason behind this change?
>

> It should make sure that a driver's pwd is sysdir, to ensure it finds any
> config-or other files. But currently there is no application that depends on
> this, so the patch could easily be reverted. Where is ethernat.xif usually
> located, and how does the driver find and open it?

ethernat.xif is located in sysdir, but the file ethernat.inf where the
mac address of the card is saved is located in c:\ (root of boot
device)

We could revert the patch (i don't think is necessary), fix the driver
to look for the file in root of boot device, or if we think that any
driver's config file should be in driver's directory (sysdir here),
relocate ethernat.inf.

In any case it isn't a big issue the driver uses a default mac address
when the file isn't located.