Re: [MiNT] Stairs effect on MiNT console

On 03/01/2013 00:59, Vincent Rivière wrote:
But when the same program is renamed .prg and run from XaAES (whether or not
the TosWin2 Console is opened), there is the stairs effect. This is wrong.

And the culprit is... XaAES.
http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/xaaes/src.km/k_main.c?rev=1.198&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

In k_main():
	/*
	 * console-output:
	 * if RAW Ctrl-S is not eaten by the kernel, but \n is not translated to \r\n
	 * if COOKED Ctrl-S may confuse XaAES but \n is translated to \r\n
	 *
* set RAW for maximum TOS-compatibility - toswin-clients have to use their own settings
	 *
	 */
	set_tty_mode( RAW/*COOKED*/ );

Why ??
If I use set_tty_mode(COOKED), the stairs effect disappears.

IMHO, we should always use COOKED for /dev/console.
This means "automatic translation of LF to CR+LF on output".
Or even better, maybe we could keep the default mode.

I wonder if console input is also affected.

--
Vincent Rivière