Re: [MiNT] Virtual Memory

Hi,

On perjantai 11 tammikuu 2013, Mark Duckworth wrote:
> I really don't know what I'm doing but I am going to make an honest
> effort to attempt to implement kernel support for virtual memory.  I
> feel like this is more important than my packaging work in sparemint, in
> fact it holds us from a number of major advancements. If I am stepping
> on anyone's toes, please speak up, otherwise I'll assume nobody is
> attacking this.  I'll probably have questions ;)
>
> I'm inspired to do this primarily because I should have been able to
> read, understand and fix that malloc bug myself so I want to get
> involved more.  I have no idea if I can succeed at this.  I need to
> learn more 68k assembler I assume for much of the mmu work.

I would propose that you use an emulator for most of development
because with those it's easy to modify the emulator to dump whatever
information you want from the state of things.

I would assume Aranym's 040 MMU emulation to be well tested & mature
as Aranym is used on Debian Linux builds.  But it would be nice
if you could try things also with Hatari's new 030 MMU emulation.

(Running MiNT isn't even nearly as convenient in Hatari as it's
under Aranym, but Hatari's debugging facilities are much better
and if you're interested, I guess I could add to Hatari debugger
commands for dumping MMU/TLB states with some help from the guys
who implemented the 030 MMU support...)

	- Eero