Re: [MiNT] After INIT has completed... reboot, halt or poweroff?

Hi,

On keskiviikko 02 tammikuu 2013, Miro Kropáček wrote:
> > Or better, we could add a new option in mint.cnf to specify what to do
> > when the INIT process exits: reboot, halt or poweroff.
>
> This seems like a better idea.

Best would be to make it configurable, but keep the different
defaults.

For emulators poweroff is definitely the best default option,
as halt is for debug kernel (so that one can examine what
went wrong).

I'm not sure about what's the best action for normal kernels
though.  If system is very unstable, reboot might be more
convenient.  Otherwise I would say poweroff to be best.

In general reboot should happen only if:
    - device isn't in a reboot loop, as then user might accidentally
      manually power off the device in middle of file system operation
    - device has enough battery that boot makes sense

So I would vote in normal case also for poweroff.

	- Eero