[MiNT] After INIT has completed... reboot, halt or poweroff?

Hello.

In mint.cnf, we can specify an initial program with INIT=.
Currently, when that program exits, the machine reboots. Except with the debug kernel, where the system simply halts.

This behavior is implemented at the end of sys/init.c.

I was wondering if that would not be better to poweroff instead (or just halt if the hardware does not allow to poweroff).

For example, I usually use FreeMiNT on ARAnyM with:
INIT=u:/bin/bash --login

bash runs on the BIOS console as expected. Then when I type "exit", ARAnyM reboots. I think that it would be more legitimate to poweroff (exit ARAnyM) in this case.

Of course, that behavior could be configurable.
A simple solution would be to hardcode poweroff in mintara.prg and keep the reboot behavior in other kernels. Or better, we could add a new option in mint.cnf to specify what to do when the INIT process exits: reboot, halt or poweroff.

This is not a big issue.
Just a suggestion to make FreeMiNT usage more natural.

Comments welcome.

--
Vincent Rivière