Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.18 release: tar issues

On Fri, 2012-12-28 at 16:33 +0100, Vincent Rivière wrote:

> Jo Even, I remember that you complained about my latest tar build:
> http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/mint/tar/
>
> You reported trouble when building the first FireBee official FreeMiNT
> setup. Do you remember what was wrong?

It was a problem with ramfs. You wrote the following about a year ago:

"There is a bug in FreeMiNT's ramfs: the size of symlinks is always 0,
while it should be the length of the target file path. This is why tar
fails to create archives from the ramdisk.
I have just provided a patch to the MiNT Mailing List which fixes that."

Jo Even