Re: [MiNT] 1-18 release - userfriendliness

Am Freitag, den 14.12.2012, 16:03 -0500 schrieb Ronald J. Hall:
> On Friday, December 14, 2012 02:44:07 pm Peter Slegg wrote:
> > Some good ideas here. It was Jo Even that enabled me to upgrade
> > my basic Milan set-up with one of his scripts many years ago.
> >
> > I suppose most users have a CD drive even if they don't have networking.
> >
> > Peter
>
> I'd be surprised if most users don't have some kind of removable mass storage
> be now, whether it be CD drive, CF card reader, SDcards (example Ultrasatan),
> etc,...

Just because most people might have large media, there is no reason to
limit a distribution to more than the bare necessities. Even with a
network link, I don't see a point in downloading a 30MB package on my
Falcon when I only want the basic MinT + XaAES setup which fits in 3Mb
or approx 2 floppies.

I think distributing in many seperate small packages that can be used as
needed is a great idea.

Matthias
--
Matthias Arndt <marndt@asmsoftware.de>