Re: [MiNT] Easymint filesystem checks

I am in the process of swapping out my second hard drive (2Gb)and replacing it with
a larger one (40Gb). Eventually I will swap my primary (20Gb) with this one.

I am going through the process of partitioning the drive, creating the ext2 filesystem and
amending the fstab file.

I always find it a bit strange that while the disk knows what partitions are on it, I have
to manually edit the fstab file. I did once suggest it could be generated automatically
but would this work as a simpler solution ?

1. In the first partition of each drive, create a partial fstab file that describes the
   partitions on that drive.
2. When booting-up, a small script or app joins all the partial fstab files together.

The partial fstab on each drive will have the correct number and types of partitions.
This has the advantage that if one drive is unplugged or if the drives are swapped
between IDE buses the combined fstab will still be correct when Easymint does it's checks.

I am just thinking out-loud and I'm not sure if this is possible, I think the hard part
would be finding the partial fstab on the second drive.

Peter