Re: [MiNT] Sparemint WIKI

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 3:02 AM, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> On 20/02/12 15:31, Rob M wrote:
>>

>> The reason the wiki hasn't been updated is the php was too old for
>> mediawiki.
>>
>> The server was just upgraded to CentOS 5.7 from 4.9 last night. Hopefully
>> that will be enough to update the wiki.
>>
>> If there are no issues, I'll try to update the wiki. But, it might be a
>> while until I can get to it.
>>
>> Unless Alan has time?? Sorry to throw that out there Alan.
>>
>> If anyone had an issue worth the server, let me know. I haven't seen any
>> issues since it was updated.
>>

> Yes, I emailed privately, but the CVS server is now broken :-(
>
> Alan.

The CVS appears fixed again (at time of post), so everything is "honky
dory" again

Can we get the Widgets Extension installed on MediaWiki now that it
has been updated:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Widget#Installation

this would allow some Ohloh.net info about FreeMiNT to be display:
http://www.ohloh.net/p/FreeMiNT/widgets

I added the preliminary Widget:Ohloh_Project to the Wiki:
http://wiki.sparemint.org/index.php/Widget:Ohloh_Project

so when the extension is installed it will look like:
http://www.mediawikiwidgets.org/Widget:Ohloh_Project
but with FreeMiNT Project (CVS) related info

that preliminary page shows how to add certain widgets to the content..

with these widgets people can get a clearer overview of whats going on
in FreeMiNT CVS, and they link to a page that gives various other
details and info..

.. eg: a note that "hek" added some ruby code for the 1st time - not
sure if that is true/accurate, but I would not have known about it
otherwise..

The "I Use It" buttons allow us all to get an idea of how many people
are using FreeMiNT, and using the wiki (when the extension is
installed)

I have made an active mockup of its potential use:
http://paulwratt.000space.com/test/examples/freemint-wiki.html

Paul