Re: [MiNT] Printer spooling

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 00:17:31 +0100, Heinz Schmidt <heinz.schmidt.atari@googlemail.com> wrote:

However after I start lpd I expected /dev/lp to become available. My
understandig is that lpd creates a socket for it's communication during
start up. Due to the statement "lp=/dev/lp" inside the /etc/printcap I
expected the device /dev/lp to appear. Changing the "lp= ..." part of
/etc/printcap does not have any effect.

I don't know how this lpd works. But if it creates a socket and not a device then /dev/lp won't work. Only device drivers are present in this directory.

Jo Even