Re: [MiNT] Printer spooling

Hello,

Am Dienstag, den 10.01.2012, 00:17 +0100 schrieb Heinz Schmidt <heinz.schmidt.atari@googlemail.com>:

This confuses me a lot. It's okay that there is no /dev/lp after
(re)boot since I removed lp.xdd and I did not configure lpd to start
automatically. However after I start lpd I expected /dev/lp to become
available. My understandig is that lpd creates a socket for it's
communication during start up.

I don't know much about this... but I just see that lpd creates this socket:
#define	_PATH_SOCKETNAME	"/tmp/.printer"

Due to the statement "lp=/dev/lp"
inside the /etc/printcap I expected the device /dev/lp to appear.
Changing the "lp= ..." part of /etc/printcap does not have any effect.

I know even less about this - but couldn't it be possible that this is
the printer which is used by lpd?

Greets,