Re: [MiNT] Printer spooling

Well, somtimes reading carfully is agood idea ...

when printing a file i.e. with:
/usr/etc/lptest 10 10 | /usr/ucb/lpr -P HP880C
the error message is:
/usr/ucb/lpr: connect: file not found
jobs queued, but can not start deamon.

So the relevant code in startdeamon.c is:
    if (connect(s, (struct sockaddr *)&sun, strlen(sun.sun_path) + 2) < 0) {
        perr("connect");
        (void) close(s);
        return(0);
    }

This means the socket is found but connecting to it fails for some reason. That's good to know ... but it leaves me quite clueless how to find the reason.

Any suggestions? What could be a reason for not beeing able to connect to the socket?

This LPD was developped (compiled) for mint 1-14. Are there changes i.e. between sockdev.xdd and inet4.xdd which could have broken something for the lpd package?

Heinz