Re: [MiNT] Wiki database problem?

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:34:57 +0100, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>
> wrote:
>
>> Lately I'm getting occasional error messages when saving edits/blocking
>> users in the wiki. These error messages indicates a database problem.
>
> This is the error I'm getting:
>
> --------------8<----------------
>
> Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.
> Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.
>
> (Can't contact the database server: Lost connection to MySQL server at
> 'reading authorization packet', system error: 104 (localhost))
>
> -------------->8----------------
>
> Jo Even

if there is another page on the server which uses MySQL, it will
confirm something

other than that, some shell access would determine more

it could be an open socket limit (it appears the daemon is working)

if it is only happening when writing data, it could be disk space or
mysql quote limits

has the OS been updated recently, maybe something with MySQL changed
(password used by www/php)

what about wiki hacks/junk, has there been any bogus posts (is there
any way to tell?)

Paul