Re: [MiNT] GCC return register

Alan Hourihane wrote:
What was the outcome of this topic as I can't see what happened in my
thread archives.

Finally we chose the compatible way:
- integers are returned into d0
- pointers are returned into d0 (not a0)
- float/doubles are returned into d0/d1 (not fp0)

The above applies to m6800/m68020-60/m5475.
So mixing the libraries is now compatible (while not recommended). The only exception is the "long double" type for ColdFire.

The rule above is consistently used in the GCC libs, the MiNTLib and PML. As a result POV-Ray (as a testcase) works fine when compiled for the 3 targets.

--
Vincent Rivière