Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT and cluster size

2011/8/23 Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:

> So currently FreeMiNT can't use partitions with clusters >= 8 KB unless
> there are partitions with logical sectors with 4 KB or more, that's weird...
>
> --
> Vincent Rivière

however it does fit in with what is written for: mke2fs, mkfatfs, minit

all of which say 8Kb max, with logical being <=8Kb

I would say look for sector addressing issues in the drivers.

I am guessing that it is some sort of "how to address more than X
sectors on plain ST/000" type issue, where 8kb is a defacto standard,
and were also able to be implemented easily..

Recently I have had the same concerns re:ext3 (& ext4)

Paul