[MiNT] SV: SV: SV: FreeMiNT binaries and CPU specific versions

Hallo Jo Even!

JES>That's not a kernel issue, but a installation issue. When you've
JES>installed e.g. Ubuntu on your Dell, that disk won't boot on your HP.

Are you sure? Windows will not, but I've got a Puppy Linux installation from my
broken PII-400 Notebook that starts happily on the Athlon XP desktop PC. Just
XFree configuration needed to be rerun, but that was prompted automatically.
Windows XP from that same disk won't even run in safe mode, no matter what...

On my CT60 Falcon, I do need 030 mode with NVDI active (or rather, blitter
inactive) to program the CT60 and CTPCI XILINX FPGAs. To do so, currently I've
got to remember which partition I've got a working 030 installation installed
on (normally Magic, but that's got mostly the same problem).

Ideally, it should be possible to install both 030 and 060 versions and the
bootloader would simply start the one matching the currently active
architecture. As for programs like QED: If they are included in the install,
they should reside in some OPT/ folder that's again architecture-specific and
is linked to upon boot.

mit freundlichem Gruß aus Bubenreuth

Ekkehard