Re: [MiNT] Kernel compiling error

On 09/06/2011 16:32, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> Roberto Ferniani wrote:
>> I have a stock falcon + 68882 fpu, cross compiling with gcc 4.5.1 on
>> linux.
>> Thank you all for any suggestion and sorry for my english.
>
> I can't do compilation tests right now, but...
>
> You are trying to compile a custom kernel. I guess this is because you
> want to get the optimal kernel for your hardware (68882).

Yes

> The FreeMiNT kernel itself doesn't use the floating point types
> (float/double), so you will not get any improvement when compiling it
> for the FPU.

Good to know

> So the standard mint030.prg should be optimal for you.
> You can always get the latest build here:
> http://www.freemint.org/builds/freemint
> (when it's back online)

I like to (or try to...) compile things myself, just for fun :)

And while i'm here... Regarding XAAESDEF: do you think the 020-60 switch
on the CPU line is also wrong? My actual config is:
"ifeq ($(xaaes),030)
TARGET = ../xaaes030.km
CPU = 020-60
#CPU = 030
XAAESDEFS += -DGENERATE_DIAGS=0 -DDEBUG_CONTROL=0 -DBOOTLOG=1
endif"

Thank you
Roberto