Re: [MiNT] Coldfire-build

Am 13.03.2011, 21:44 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

I boot FireTOS. There is no 68k-emulation in EmuTOS yet so it's of
limited use.

I can run XaAES in aranym out of EmuTOS using the EmuTOS-VDI, so this might work on the firebee.

Can you tell where it freezes (xa_boot.log)?

Right after opening the physical workstation:

could not determine nvdi version
could not determine fvdi version
1st v_opnvwk
->2, wh=639/479 0 colors
invalid values, trying physical workstation
k_init:vdo=30000 vm=0 video=0
Default screenmode
Screenmode is: 1
k_init: v_opnwk() mode=1
k_init: v_opnwk() handle=1
Physical work station opened: 1

What kind of VDI is this?

---------------------------->8-------------------------

If I try to start xaloader from ROM GEM then I get a little bit further.
XaAES starts and the desktop (Teradesk) is launched. However, the
Firebee freezes as soon as the desktop has started. With no desktop it
freezes when XaAES is finished loading.

Guess it's a problem with the VDI. First I would disable the themes (e.g.:img->gmi) and gradients and accs.

Does it display anything at all (the logo or menubar for example)?

This all reminds me to the issues that happen on NVDI-ET4000, but the start-from-desktop-method works here.

It's only built for 000 - for any target, it does not do very much, just
start the km, if it works, it's ok.

I understand that, but I still think it's a waste to not compile it for
the target CPU when the compiler is perfectly able to do so.

Was not needed yet I think.

--
Helmut Karlowski