Re: [MiNT] Coldfire-build

Le 14/03/2011 11:37, J. F. Lemaire a écrit :
Suppose I'm working on a desktop accessory (compiled with GCC 4, no
ASM, no dirty coding) and I would like to make a ColdFire version:
what must I change in the Makefile?

Easy.
Just add "-mcpu=5475" to CFLAGS. That's all. Your binary will be fully ColdFire, fully optimized, and fully compatible with future ColdFire OSes.
Beware, all the libraries you use must be available for ColdFire.

Out of curiosity: what is the point of running EmuTOS on the FireBee
when FireTOS is so much more advanced feature-wise?

What is the point of running Linux on a PC when you can run Windows ?
Well, it is just another OS. Moreover, a Free, GPL one.

Also, by design FireTOS is full of hacks and use various (and partial) emulations. EmuTOS is limited, but totally clean and free of hacks. Easily maintainable.

As a further project, I imagine a very thin emulation layer on the top of EmuTOS (auto folder for example) to allow running clean 680x0 user programs (not 680x0 kernels like FreeMiNT), for people wanting to user them.

--
Vincent Rivière