Re: [MiNT] XaAES Language-selection

Am 09.01.2011, 10:17 Uhr, schrieb Gerhard Stoll <gerhard_stoll@gmx.de>:

Yeah, and soon you'll have 25+ rsc-files to maintain ...

I maintain only one. When I add a new object, tree or something else
is immediately in all language/layer.

But they still have to be in the distribution, which complicates it further for users.

How do you know they "look destroy"?

While I have seen it what will be happend if I change only the text.
Object will override other object.

Then you did not do well.

The rsm-method you previously preferred offers the same problem.

No, each objects in all layers can have his own x postion and they
are stored in the (main) resource file.

How is it guaranteed that they dont overlap?

And you'll have to change the layout for every language.

Is there any well known prg that uses theses layers except rsm?

With XaAES you will be able to use multi-language for any GEM-app with external rsc without modifying it.

And it's not finished yet (4 days old), I bet you never used it, how can you damn it?

Also I don't want to involve non-open-source-software into freemint.

--
Helmut Karlowski