Re: [MiNT] Language selection (Was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] FreeMiNT 1.17.0 Released !)

> The cookie is set by TOS on boot-time according  to the language set in
> NV-RAM. So it's an easy way to automatically set up  the user's preferred
> language. Do you want to switch language on the fly?  Perhaps an
> environment variable or setting in xaaes.cnf can override  the
> _AKP-setting.

Can be a good or bad thing.
My TT is German  but I need to use it in English.
If it uses the _AKP-cookie then I will resort back to renaming RSC to get the
correct nationality.

So the $LANG that Helmut mentioned is a good solution for me, at least.

> Keyboard can easily be switched on the fly using  swkbd. When the
> keyboard-file is loaded, MiNT will also update the  _AKP-cookie
> accordingly.

Ok, so the _AKP-cookie is switched by swkbd.
This is again a good and bad thing.
Basically means that I need to change my TT German keyboard to a US keyboard.
I am using a British keyboard (my STFM is from UK).
My scenario don't look so bad because English = British & US.

But basically it means that you have to get the correct ROM & keyboard
nationality to use it.