Re: [MiNT] Fxattr giving wrong date values (was Re: zDesk desktop sources available)

On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 17:55 +0100, David Glvez wrote:
> 2011/1/9 Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:
> > To me it looks like Fxattr is returning the correct timestampt, i.e. no
> > swapping takes place. I'm curious about Zorro's problem with Fxattr.
> >

> From here:
>
> http://dhs.nu/bbs-ct60/index.php?request=12119
>
> "For days, I worked on the thumbnail cache( for a desktop, I couldn’t
> do like in zview and recreate the thumbnails every time). The cache
> update should be relative to the modification date of file.
>
> The problem is that the date informations returned by the Fxattr()
> function are completly buggy."

I tested this a while back when I looked at the bug on the mantis
tracker. I wrote a small test program that directly called Fxattr() and
cannot see a problem.

The only way to pursue this is a live test case, otherwise I suspect
it's the application interpreting things incorrectly on what it gets
back from Fxattr().

Alan.